Many bus passenger claims for compensation are made by passengers who are injured due to the negligence of the bus driver. Some bus accident claims we have helped passengers with include:
- The bus driver mounting the kerb at speed.
- The bus being involved in a collision with another vehicle.
- Excessive breaking causing passengers to be thrown out of their seat.
We have also helped passengers to claim for being injured on a bus, where another vehicle has caused the accident including:
- A car pulled out in front of a bus causing an accident.
- A car hit a bus in the side or rear causing windows to smash.
- A motorbike caused a bus accident.
A bus accident causing an injury to a passenger should be reported to the bus company as soon as possible. Often following a bus accident, where the driver knows passengers have been injured, the bus driver will take the names and addresses of all involved. We still recommend the bus company is informed directly by you and that they record the injury in an accident report.
There are steps you can take surrounding the bus accident which may help should you wish to make a bus passenger injury claim for compensation. These include obtaining the following information:
- The name of the bus company you were travelling with.
- The time and route of the bus.
- The registration number or driver number.
- The time and location of the bus accident.
- Details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Details of any other vehicle which may have been involved.
- You should retain your bus ticket.
If you do not have all of these details, it will not prevent you from making a bus accident claim for compensation. We will do all we can to ensure the claim is accepted and runs smoothly.
The main bus companies, with thousands of busses operating in the UK are First, Stagecoach and Arriva. Smaller UK bus companies include: Go-Ahead who operate mainly in the North East and South East of England. National Express, operating throughout the UK. Veolia Transport who operate in South Wales, the Midlands and North East England.
Regardless of the size of the bus company, if you're injured on a bus as a result of bad driving, then you have the legal right to claim bus passenger injury compensation.
We also handle bus passenger claims for children who may have been injured on the way to or from school.
To claim what you may be legally entitled to using specialists in this field with an excellent track record in achieving maximum compensation for injured bus passengers. Please contact us.